Sunday, June 9, 2013

So after I left Vacaville, I headed straight to San Bruno where I meet up with a young man named Mike.  Mike was selling something I had been wanting for a couple years now.  I had actually planned on building one as soon as I had a couple of weeks to dedicate in my dad's shop.  Good old dad has all the tools and all the experience to make just about anything.  However, I am still several thousand miles away from Dad's shop, so when Mike showed interest in letting me have this contraption for such a low price, I got pretty excited.

 That's right ladies and gentlemen, I am going to cover 500 miles on a hand crank tricycle.
 Some minor cosmetic damage on the chain guard.  Hand brake and shifter located in the center.
 All Shimano parts, 21 speeds and looking very new.
From the front you can see the foot rests.  It seems a lot longer from this angle.
 From the back.  Under the seat there I have since added a small window sill planter.  I added a few holes to drain water and to zip-tie it on to the frame.  It is mostly to hold my water, map and a few other things.  For the most part, my bags strap on to the seat pretty well.
Me before the trip.  As you can see I have a hard time walking past all the millions of Chinese restaurants without stopping in for a few dumplings.  Lest see how I look in a few weeks.

Tomorrow I will take the train down about 25 miles south to start my journey.  I'm not really keen on navigating San Francisco on my first day, nor am I interested in spending the next day so sore I can't breath.

So, that is the program.  Tomorrow I hope to be celebrating my first day with a cold beer at the house of my good friend Mr. Chadwick C. Conway's house, who has been kind enough to offer me a place to collapse and lick my wounds from the day's ride.

Anyone who is interested in joining me for a day or two of cycling, just let me know.  Also, anyone who would like to purchase this awesome tri-wheel upper body workout form of locamotion should contact me as soon as you can.  I am posting it on CraigsList today.

In anticipation, agony, and ambivilance
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment